Here4Horses Privacy Notice for all our supporters and data subjects.
This Privacy Notice sets out the data processing practices adopted by Here4Horses in relation to our supporters, guardians and anyone whose data we process.
We hereby clearly state that all data captured, will be used and held in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information and personal data when you:
· fundraise for Here4Horses or make a donation
· fundraise for, or donate to Here4Horses, via a third party giving website
· sign-up to receive our newsletters, fundraising updates and emails
· purchase a pony adoption gift or gift for yourself or someone else, or when someone purchases an adoption or gift for you
· are listed as a Trust Fund contact
· request information such as fundraising or legacy packs, or when you pledge a legacy to us directly or via a third party will writer
· are the executor of a will and Here4Horses is a named beneficiary
· order merchandise or gifts from us
· apply for a job with us
· apply for a work experience placement or voluntary role
· apply to become a Guardian
· participate in our surveys
· request campaign information
· we take your photo or film you for promotional or campaign purposes
· enter a competition
· make a complaint
· get in touch via the ‘Contact us’ page on our website
· call our welfare helpline to ask for advice or report a concern
· ask us to assist in re-homing your horse
· participate in a Here4Horses event or activity
· contact us, or we contact you, as a potential partner
We collect your details when you email us with an enquiry, these will be used solely to record information about your enquiry. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake through our website and over the telephone including details of payment cards used. In addition to the above, we collect information automatically about your visit to our website. Please see our Cookies section below for more details.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process personal information collected for the purposes of:
· Dealing with your enquiries and requests
· Administering orders and accounts relating to our suppliers or customers
· Administering supporter records
· Providing information about products and services, where you have agreed to receive such
· Providing and personalising our services
· Providing booking services
· To administer our recruitment processes
· To administer the rehoming process and determine suitability to rehome one of our equines
· To assist in the provision of equine passports, placement of microchips and equine traceability
· To undertake business transactions.
We will always ensure that personal data is only processed in line with the purpose for which it was originally intended.
DATA CAPTURE INFORMATION
We will send you information according to the consent preferences you provide when making a donation. We will also send you information according to the preferences you indicate when contacting us through a contact us page or via email, for more information about a specific area of our work.
If you would like to change these preferences or stop receiving email communications from us at any point, please get in touch:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone us on: 07494 931744
Write to us: Here4horses, Farnley Farm, Hunwick, Crook, Co Durham DL15 0RB
For anyone applying for a job or voluntary role, privacy information is provided on the application forms. We process your data in readiness for interview and to complete pre-employment checks such as the right to work in the U.K. If you are successful at interview we will process your data in readiness to enter into a contract of employment or volunteer agreement with us.
For people applying to become a Here4Horses Guardian in order to foster or adopt one of our equines, your privacy information is provided on the online application form.
The data we collect will be processed, to assist the application process and help determine suitability. If you are successful in your application, we will process your data in readiness for entering into a Guardianship Agreement with you.
When you contact our welfare helpline for advice or to report a concern, we will record your name and preferred contact details for the purposes of logging your call and making contact with you as necessary or at your request. If you are reporting a welfare concern, which may need to be investigated, we may pass your contact details on to another equine welfare charity, who may be better placed to perform the check. However, we will always ask your permission before sharing your personal data.
MAKING AN ENQUIRY
When making an enquiry, we will log your comments on your individual supporter record.
For cases when you are not a supporter, a new enquiry record will be created. This is to ensure we can respond to your comments fully and improve future experiences with us.
Your record will be securely and confidentially held, with restricted access.
MAKING A COMPLAINT
When making a complaint, we will log your comments on your individual record.
For cases when you are not a supporter, a new enquiry record will be created. This is to ensure we can respond to your comments and improve future experiences.
Your record will be securely and confidentially held, with restricted access. As a charity we are required to annually report on our complaints, however the information provided to the relevant bodies is anonymised.
Here4Horses requires parental or legal guardian consent for anyone under the age of 16 wishing to engage with us. We will ask for this consent at the point of sign-up and send a confirmation email to the parent/legal guardian. We also require parental or legal guardian consent for anyone under 16 wishing to receive direct postal mail communications from us. Parents/legal guardians of children under the age of 16 will also be asked for their consent for photograph and film use.
Data is held securely on our supporter database and only used for the purposes for which it was originally given to us. If at any point the child, parent or guardian decides they no longer want to hear from Here4Horses, preferences can be amended by contacting us directly.
RETENTION OF DATA
Here4Horses criteria for retaining data is that we will retain data to process in line with the original purpose for which it was provided. After that point, we will consider if there are other reasons we may need to retain data for a defined period of time. If there is no reason for us to retain the data it will be confidentially destroyed.
Some of our sites have CCTV (audio and visual) in place to help protect our employees, our equines, our visitors, and our stock. Signage will be in place to inform people that they are in a surveillance zone. Access to our recorded CCTV footage is strictly limited to those with the appropriate training and security clearance.
We will only disclose data when obliged to by law, or the disclosure is ‘necessary’ for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or with your consent.
Here4Horses may also share your data with the following authorised third parties:
· Suppliers who process data on our behalf for the purposes of de-duplicating our records so that your personal details are not held more than once and identifying if you have moved house, or passed away - we have a legal duty to ensure our data is kept accurate and up to date
· Print and Mailing companies for our supporter communications
· Our web developers for the purposes of managing our website and fixing account issues
· Sharing data with member organisations of the National Equine Welfare Council (NEWC) in the public interest who may be able to perform welfare checks on our behalf for the purposes of preventing or addressing equine welfare issues.
When we pass on personal data to a third party we will make sure suitable data protection agreements to process data on our behalf are in place.
YOUR DATA RIGHTS
You have the right to access the personal data Here4horses holds on you. To make a Data Subject Access Request please write to or email us.
You also have the right to request data rectification, erasure, restriction, portability, to not be subject to automated decision making and to object to processing in some circumstances. You also have the right to be informed about how we use your personal data and this information is contained within this Privacy Notice.
Where we become aware of a personal data breach which places you at risk, we will contact you as soon as possible to alert you to the breach, and help you take steps to ensure your data security going forward.
PLEASE NOTE that this Privacy Notice is subject to change from time to time. This Notice was last updated on July 18 2019.
We care about your data security and want to assure you of our ongoing commitment to protecting all our supporters.